TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re why worry
San Migs - 2015-09-15
In response to Re: Re why worry (ExpatMcGee)

Some may end up on welfare, but like you, I have never heard of any ending up falling into a life of crime. Of those I know who have returned to the UK, including one Chinese student who went back with her british FT husband, most are working as teachers in the UK public school system, and one a lecturer at a UK university. They all went into further study to get qualified and so teach there, or some work in other fields.

Christ, even a able bodied man can work as a home care worker and get good pay and free accomodation while he lives with the client. OK, you need to rent for the times you don't have a client, but the pay is good enough while living in the clients digs to be able to save to do so.

I heard that even someone working as a cleaner at an oil refinery in Canada can earn more than an FT in China. It's all about how hard you are prepared to break your back.....I knew/know of many more FT's who dread their sunday nights in China as they get older, as they have another week of teaching ahead. Meanwhile those cleaners/care workers in the west are getting paid and a pension.......cuts both ways.....

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re why worry -- ExpatMcGee -- 2015-09-14
Re: Re why worry -- San Migs -- 2015-09-15
Re: Re why worry -- ExpatMcGee -- 2015-09-17
Re: Re why worry -- San Migs -- 2015-09-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re why worry

Go to another board -