TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The word CAN'T is not part of my language. - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-13

The sentence above seems to beg for emphasis around the word can't. Many people use quotation marks around such a word especially north America ESL teachers but that is not correct English. With computers we can now change font, bold the word, use capitals or underline but what is the correct thing to do say in a hand written letter, underline?

Messages In This Thread
The word CAN'T is not part of my language. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-13
Sure CAN'T - Teachers Discussion -- Arnie -- 2006-06-14
"Can't" be damned! - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-15
What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-15
ESCAPE? WHERE, pray tell, kind sir? - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-17
I've heard that uttered here - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-17
1.Escape and 2. Korean Education System - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-18
Escape this Profession - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The word CAN'T is not part of my language. - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -