TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Is religion really "opium for the people"?
ExpatMcGee - 2015-09-17

Whenever someone starts off declaring 'the facts' it often goes anywhere but. There are some glaring errors and misunderstanding here with this:

in Europe, the separation of church and state and the impacts of the Era of Enlightment were required to decrease its influence on society for social and cultural progress;

This is so inaccurate it makes me believe that author is a 'fake' who's just making things up from their own misunderstandings.

Europe did NOT have 'separation of church and state' in so many examples. Its partly WHY the USA got its start and developed this idea. because the USA had a big start of Europeans FLEEING STATE RELIGIONS.

ADD to this, a 'separation of church and state' was largely MADE BY CHRISTIANS FOR CHRISTIANS AND TO HELP PROTECT AND MAINTAIN CHRISTIANITY IN SOCIETY. Reread that again. and again. BY AND FOR RELIGIOUS PEOPLE so they would NOT GET DECREASED IN SOCIETY.

The next problem is 'Era of Enlightenment' which is something like 'Renaissance' in that people like to use it as a title for some 'time and place' but realistically there isn't any meaningful 'historical period' for that BUT let's ignore that get to the next crazy claim about these things being 'required to decrease influence etc.

Again: These things were most often BY CHRISTIANS FOR CHRISTIANS TO EXPAND AND ELEVATE CHRISTIANITY and this included furthering a 'Protestant Reformation' etc.

Now on to other ignorant ideas:

Christians have colonized large parts of the world to exploit it economically, pretending to spread the gospel,

Well yes Europeans were colonizing around the world and its true most of them were Christians (some Jews, a few other religions) and they certainly did colonise for economic wins. Its not 'exploiting' colonies but quite seriously Colonies WERE economic wins in themselves. We don't say people start Trading Companies then 'exploit the trading company for business' but again forget the awkward wording...

pretending to spread the gospel,

Huh? What does that even mean? Christian missionaries most definitely DID spread the gospel. They did so in Colonies and they did everywhere else too. You'd be more accurate to say:
"Christian missionaries exploited colonies to most definitely (not pretend) spread the gospel.

One of their big strategies was landing in the colony then using that as a bridge into non-colony areas. They did this all the time. There is a long history of this and they most definitely didn't "pretend" or if they did? If they were pretending then it sure did a good REAL job!

Christians translated the Bible and “christianized” native African languages with impacts on the native traditional cultures of Africans.

This is an awkward statement about languages. Yes, they translated the bible into the native language. Okay. Well... thats certainly nice of them. Its not like they were Muslims who require the converts to learn Arabic which had impacts on culture etc.

(so i think this author got confused between Muslim-Arabic convert problems and mistakenly thinks it was Christians ... which is really...really sloppy).

now the author has this awkward thing..

A few Roman-Catholic priests in South America prolaimed the “Theology of Liberation” by developing what they called the “social gospel” in support of progressive changes i

errr.. well lots of priests were 'for social changes' you know but yes a kind of 'communism-meets-catholicism' movement occured and sure did great things for Venezuela! Oh wait.. no. but anyways.

Now the author repeats a stupid antichristian rumour that is so.. pardon my language but this author is so fuckin stupid and such a cheap fake they repeat this vile rumour:

also including the story of Chinese “rice Christians” in the 19th century when Western missionaries only provided food for them in case of a regional famine if they were prepared to become Christians - a shameful act in itself to do.

Did Dr.Turnoi write this? Whoever wrote this should know I just totally exposed them as a fake and really a 'Stupid Fraud' and that's off the top of my head. Any proper scholars would first have to stop laughing ... then would just absolutely expose...

..wait actually this book is such a cheap fraud, so obviously a made-up BS and so bad.. i mean so poorly done, so poorly 'researched' that no legitimate scholar would even waste their time.

So you get me to just smash this for the garbage fake book it really is lol

P.S.: Please don't think Im inviting you to a 'debate' because after reading that.. oh you are so disqualified from being considered worthwhile lol..wow WOW wow that is just a garbage joke book.

Messages In This Thread
Re Is religion really "opium for the people"? -- ExpatMcGee -- 2015-09-17
Re Is religion really "opium for the people"? -- San Migs -- 2015-09-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Is religion really "opium for the people"?

Go to another board -