TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion
Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-15
In response to "Can't" be damned! - Teachers Discussion (The Arrogant One)

Nobody is twisting your arm Oh Arrogant One. Mundane perchance but we have many a grammar question that pops up for which we have naught the answer.

About our profession. I'm out, retiring.
I just read on yahoo yesterday that a fast food worker is one of the lowest paid in American about $15,280 US per year. Wow, that is almost as much as an ESL teacher makes in Korea. Sure we get the micro apartment free but we don't all get the return air ticket with every contract. It's not much of a profession. Rheno posed the retorical question in another thread, "Do you shop at the Salvation Army?". The answer is yes, and back in Canada and I go to yard sales on a regular basis. The only way to get ahead is live like a mouse or teach a lot of extra (illegal) classes, buy bargains and invest. The rules would like to hem us in. I've enjoyed my time in ESL by ignoring the jealous, creepy, stuck-up Korean professors an doing my thing. Most of them had nothing remotely interesting to say anyway. They are mostly stratified posers. Neo-Confucians? That's all Chinese influence.

Messages In This Thread
The word CAN'T is not part of my language. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-13
Sure CAN'T - Teachers Discussion -- Arnie -- 2006-06-14
"Can't" be damned! - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-15
What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-15
ESCAPE? WHERE, pray tell, kind sir? - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-17
I've heard that uttered here - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-17
1.Escape and 2. Korean Education System - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-18
Escape this Profession - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -