TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I've heard that uttered here - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2006-06-17
In response to What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion (Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed.)

Robin Day, B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed, I've heard what you speak of in your posts a LOT here the past two months. I have a "new" colleague (He's the 50th English teacher at this school in three years) who just "escaped" from SK after 16 years teaching there. I've heard all about the creepy professors, expensive shit (some of which I've seen), and the education system there.

According to this bloke, one of the main objectives in South Korea is keeping the far majority of students from learning English. Oh, these students go to English classes, but the system seems to be rigged so they won't learn it.

Comments?

Messages In This Thread
The word CAN'T is not part of my language. - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-13
Sure CAN'T - Teachers Discussion -- Arnie -- 2006-06-14
"Can't" be damned! - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-15
What Profession???? Just a 1 year Contract - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-15
ESCAPE? WHERE, pray tell, kind sir? - Teachers Discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2006-06-17
I've heard that uttered here - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-06-17
1.Escape and 2. Korean Education System - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-18
Escape this Profession - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I've heard that uttered here - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -