TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Need advice
HerpidtyDerp - 2015-10-22
In response to Re Need advice (Long time esl teachers board lurker)

Nobody is telling the OP to break any Chinese visa regulations!

In fact, the overseas internet recruiter is surely going to tell her to get an 'L-Visa' and she ought not worry because they will start her Z-Visa when she arrives anyways.

But, just so you can learn about Chinese visa regulations: I made a point of telling the Chinese Visa Centre I was certainly hoping to travel and inquire and hopefully do job interviews in China. They agreed that was a great idea and wished me luck while handing me a 6-month double entry visa.

They did that because there is absolutely no problem, no rules broken, nothing against any regulations for any L-Visa tourist to have as many job interviews as they want. Indeed, what else would that even be but 'touring' schools or businesses.

When hired then yes the Z-Visa (working visa) is now coming into play. Its the same exact issue she has taking a job over the internet via a recruiter and eventually lands and walks physically into that school!

And I would bet the chances of her having Visa shenanigans through an online recruiter hiring are FAR GREATER than doing it the way we're suggesting here!

Messages In This Thread
Need advice -- Pam -- 2015-10-16
Re Need advice -- CZZWarningDude -- 2015-10-18
Re Need advice -- martin hainan -- 2015-10-21
Re Need advice -- MartinLivesInHisOwnOldWorld -- 2015-10-22
Re Need advice -- John O'Shei -- 2015-10-22
Re Need advice -- Long time esl teachers board lurker -- 2015-10-20
Re Need advice -- HerpidtyDerp -- 2015-10-22
Re Need advice -- John O'Shei -- 2015-10-21
Re Need advice -- Long time esl teachers board lurker -- 2015-10-21
Re Need advice -- John O'Shei -- 2015-10-22
Re Need advice -- Laughing -- 2015-10-22