TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, DB. I appreciate the support. - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U - 2006-06-28
In response to Hey Rheno - Teachers Discussion (DB)

Thanks, DB, I appreciate the support. Yes, this TESL/TESOL thing does seem to be a racket, complete with all the propaganda and mindsets to keep the status quo. I've noticed dissention is quashed, sure.
If one comes close to rocking the boat of the big interests in TESOL, the "guard dogs" come out attacking.

But there may be something to these guys not tolerating other paradigms in TESOL. My own TESOL paradigm would throw us all out of jobs if adapted. It involves computers, voice recognition software, recording devices, and the elimination of the classic "classroom" as we know it. The teacher disappears in my scheme, so perhaps it's better if my paradigm remains just an idea.

However, the current TESOL methods aren't working well, if at all, so something else must be tried. Those who act like guard dogs of the current regimes are either very naive, very delusioned, or very "interested", meaning they have a big financial stake in the present "arrangements".

Messages In This Thread
To Raoul Duke - Teachers Discussion -- ThaiCandidate -- 2006-06-24
Accessing the Saloon - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-28
I had problems as well - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-29
Nice to be back... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-06-29
Where are you, T.C. ? - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-25
Hey Rheno - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-06-25
Pollyanna? - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-28
Words in Google - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- The Owl -- 2006-06-28
Nincompoop: I spelled it right! - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-30
Sorry, but actually... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-01
Frank, not boring at all! - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed. -- 2006-07-02
Oh, good! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-02
namby-pamby - Teachers Discussion -- The Owl -- 2006-06-30
Thanks, DB. I appreciate the support. - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks, DB. I appreciate the support. - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -