TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re carry-on baggage
Caring - 2015-11-13

I disagree with both of you because many Chinese employers have created poor terms and conditions and invited foreigners they knew little about to it.

Doctor T replied:
True. However, if you want to apply that to practice, it is open to interpretation. A Western guy involved in fighting and beating is one thing as well as a Western person who forms part of the deceit that illegitimate schools use to hire unuspecting newbies. Many of these Western FTs are poorly educated and can only pose as "teachers" in crappy Chinese training centres while back home nobofy would respect nor trust them in that self-appointed role. Then, there are the folks with personal problems that make them unemployable at home, and they won't be able to deny these serious personality deficits in a foreign Chinese environment when they come to the fore again. Finally, you have properly educated and decent teachers with a balanced personality that eirher able or not able to deal with the cross-cultural issues that they will face while working there.

One of the most erroneous delusions is to equate unethical business practices of Chinese training centre owners with Chinese culture and thus assuming that those who stand up against it are unfit to adjust to a diferrent cultural environment. This is what crappy TC owners want to tell us in the interest of their crappy businesses. It is also what Western grovelling weasels tell us who take sides with their crappy employers because of being the losers they have been in the West.

The better educated people will do a good job as long as they are allowed to do the same but will definitely not accept any unreasonable treatment if they have enough character and the balls to speak up and out.

Martin Hainan wrote:
Unfortunately, it must also be said that some FTs arrive in China already damaged. The behavior and communication of these individuals neither are China’s fault nor welcomed by the Chinese people. I routinely caution my students to recognize that ‘expats’ are NOT representative of the general population of their homeland.

Messages In This Thread
Re carry-on baggage -- Caring -- 2015-11-13
Re carry-on baggage -- Kevin -- 2015-11-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re carry-on baggage

Go to another board -