TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re carry-on baggage
Kevin - 2015-11-13
In response to Re carry-on baggage (Caring)

I disagree with both of you because many Chinese employers have created poor terms and conditions and invited foreigners they knew little about to it.

Exactly. You have apportioned the blame fairly and squarely.

China defenders like Martin Hainan won't like reading this.They prefer to blame foreign teachers who don't fit in well here in China too much whenever there are conflicts at work. Another thing you will find is that China defenders shy away from being critical of nonsensical visa rules such as the 5-year rule. They are China defenders by default as they refuse to call a spade a spade.

As for training schools and good wife material, I wonder which of the two is of lesser difficulty to find, a good Chinese employer that is a training school, or a good Chinese wife! However, I think both categories will be rather hard to find.

I'm no TC fan, btw. But I won't decry them too much, though I can understand why Mr Turnoi does so. Overkill in this case is justifiable, given some of the abuse of FTs that is prevalent in that sector.

Suffice to say we've been warned very well about their potential pitfalls, as we have about bad Chinese wife material and discriminatory visa regulations.

Messages In This Thread
Re carry-on baggage -- Caring -- 2015-11-13
Re carry-on baggage -- Kevin -- 2015-11-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re carry-on baggage

Go to another board -