TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My answer to the drudgery - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U - 2006-06-29
In response to Your kidding me? - Teachers Discussion (Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed.)

My students had spelling problems back at my old high school, especially when it came to spelling participles. My answer? I created spelling flowcharts they could use to help them avoid the mind-numbing drudgery of learning spelling rules and all their exceptions. It worked "okay" there, but this idea has really taken off here any my college. My students prefer the flowcharts and claim, at least, that the charts make it easier to learn how to spell words correctly.

I have a collection of about ten flowcharts now. I have flowcharts they can use to spell present participles, past participles, plural nouns, comparative adjectives, superlative adjectives, adverbs, and other "problem" words. These actually function well in my classes.

Messages In This Thread
Your kidding me? - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed. -- 2006-06-28
My answer to the drudgery - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U -- 2006-06-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My answer to the drudgery - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -