TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Mother's milk
cunning inguist - 2015-11-23

As China is Australia’s biggest trading partner I doubt there will be any export restrictions imposed on infant formula or vitamin products - two big sellers in the Chinese market Australian companies in these markets – like Bellamy’s - have seen staggering rises in their share prices and they would complain about any quota system leading to a fall in their stock market value. It’s simple economics and besides, if shares are openly traded, what’s to stop the Chinese buying these shares?

The ID suggestion is really a non-starter and would not stop Chinese with Australian passports buying the products for re-sale. Some other suggestions I’ve read about include making the supplements available only on a doctor’s prescription. None of these ideas are practical to implement and no sensible government would want to be seen to be singling-out one section of the population for different treatment.

The Darwin port lease did appear in some British media. From memory it may have been the Economist or the Telegraph.

Is Reclaim Australia (RA) any different from the British National Party (BNP)? The background history of activist groups of the right or left in some parts of the West shows that they have often been infiltrated by the security services or those anarchists wishing to see marches and demonstrations turn violent. “Ugly” scenes can be manufactured. What starts out as a movement for change becomes something very different.

If RA is gaining more support, or “traction” as the pundits would say, then they should aim for political representation and put their “manifesto” to a public vote: the BNP failed miserably in the UK when they tried .

In the aftermath of the atrocities in Paris, I’ll be following the news to see if the far right through Marie Le Pen increase their support base and this is reflected in elections in the future.

Messages In This Thread
Re Mother's milk -- cunning inguist -- 2015-11-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Mother's milk

Go to another board -