TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
Donald - 2016-01-02
In response to Omeida Language College in Yangshuo (Travel Bug)

Stay away from this absolute rip off school. They are the lowest paying outfit in all of China. And the cost of living in Yangshuo is much higher than in other rural areas.

Studying Chinese at Omeida is also a very bad idea. English is everywhere in Yangshuo and you don't need Chinese to get around the town. There are so many foreigners in Yangshuo that you will never really use Chinese much. And the tuition at Omeida is several times higher than at other private schools in China.

I worked for Omeida teaching English for a year in 2014 and 2015 It was horrible. Terrible shared accommodations, no vacations, very low pay (not enough to cover living expenses), and hordes of foreigners everywhere in town. This is not the real China. Perhaps that is why so many foreigners like it........it is not an authentic Chinese experience.

The boss of Omeida is so incredibly cheap and he doesn't give a fig about you. It is all about the money.......money for him that is. I talked to teachers who had stayed there for years because they like the life in Yangshuo and they all gave me the same reason when I asked them why they were finally leaving........the salary is far too low.

Messages In This Thread
Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Travel Bug -- 2013-07-06
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Donald -- 2016-01-02
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Anya Liu -- 2015-09-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -