TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Master's in TESOL
martin hainan - 2016-01-04
In response to Master's in TESOL (Andrew Cort)

Single male, age 63

after I have earned my Master’s I want to build several years of
teaching experience into my resume as I continue my education and pursue a 3 year online
doctorate in education (EdD) specializing in English as a Second Language and look for
an adjunct instructor position at an online university.

Masters degree, then several years of teaching, then a 3 year doctorate program... approaching the age of 70.

At your age, I do hope you have an understanding of what activities give you joy and a sense of purpose. I hope that you have done some "on-line instruction" to understand that experience and see if it is a worthy personal goal.

If this form of assisting in the educational process of second language learners does have value as a personal pursuit in your life at this late date, I suggest you consider teaching on-line in tandem to your ongoing personal education. Either of the programs you mention would certainly qualify you for an adjunct on-line position. You should see if either program's practicum involves or permits on-line teaching.

Deferred gratification is always suspect, increasingly so in the latter portions of a lifetime.

Messages In This Thread
Master's in TESOL -- Andrew Cort -- 2016-01-03
Re Master's in TESOL -- martin hainan -- 2016-01-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Master's in TESOL

Go to another board -