TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: giant statue of mao
San Migs - 2016-01-16
In response to Re re: giant statue of mao (Caring)

I agree with you but don't we have similar issues in our nations? We would respect the US or UK but despise the Soviet Union or Peoples Republic of China for example.

Thanks for the reply man, but what do you mean by "our nations"? Don't we have things like the commonwealth, EU, UN...I tend to see myself as European, and a citizen of the WORLD as opposed to the thinking of mainland chinese/other east asians of US and "wai guo".

The Soviet Union was a failed commie experiment that even many Russian academics and intellectuals from both the left and the right will agree on. Many Russians thought it actually degraded the economy and environment of Russia itself, before the revolution in 1917 it was one of the wealthiest countries in the world, after it the Russian Federation is somewhere down near South Africa and perhaps ahead of Romania, so it could be said it is still recovering from it's communist past being locked in a prison of nations.

Peoples Racist China...well it wants to be the next USSR, and in some ways, already is.

Messages In This Thread
Re re: giant statue of mao -- Caring -- 2016-01-12
Re re: giant statue of mao -- San Migs -- 2016-01-13
Re re: giant statue of mao -- Caring -- 2016-01-14
Re re: giant statue of mao -- San Migs -- 2016-01-15
Re re: giant statue of mao -- Caring -- 2016-01-15
Re re: giant statue of mao -- San Migs -- 2016-01-16
Re re: giant statue of mao -- Caring -- 2016-01-16
Re re: giant statue of mao -- San Migs -- 2016-01-17
Re re: giant statue of mao -- Caring -- 2016-01-17
Re re: giant statue of mao -- San Migs -- 2016-01-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: giant statue of mao