TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD
TankEngine - 2016-01-26

There's nothing worse than walking into a room of fake smiles and the realty sets in REAL quick that those clowns can't won't and don't know how or don't have the consideration to support an international coworker. No you don't pay "agency fees," but you DO have to pay for the hotel, medical exam, res permit expenses, foreign expert certificate expenses, transportation, any materials you use with your students. And if you're getting your own apartment, you need to have 2 months rent ready. Don't expect the company to help you with jack squat.

I knew a teacher living in an apartment the company found. Thr moment he told the company "I'm here to finalize my contract" because it was the end of the semester, they kicked him out if the apartment. The teacher had to find a hotel to stay in until the day of teacher's flight home. And no, the company offered zero support or assistance or even explanation. Just a "oh you're finish with contract? I just got message from your landlord. He said you must move out by tomorrow or you have to pay a fee. But don't worry, if you work in a kindergarten we can instead of paying you we can pay the fee."

Give these clowns a miss. The foreign teachers you meet are awesome, but hell this is China, you're gonna meet expats anyway.

The best I got from worlda was the hell out of there.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD -- TankEngine -- 2016-01-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worlda Cultural & Educational Consulting Services CO.LTD

Go to another board -