TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking of "runners"... and "happy" full timers - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-07-13

Hey, Rheno,

Speaking of "runners," you initiated a thread on June 21 which spoke of the "evil" perceptions of doing "runners." I chimed in on the subject (adding to your thread) on July 1. Did you see it?

I found it necessary to do a 'runner" once, and I have zero feelings of regret or guilt about it. In fact (as I failed to mention in the earlier posting), the crooked guy I was running from in Suchuan contacted me by email (it took him almost two days to discover I had fled right under his crooked nose) and threatened to "hunt me down like a dog." That was the final proof that I had done the right (and far from "evil") thing. Again, I'm with you!

As for the postings from Cian... Again, I don't want to engage in anything terse with him because he is a genuinely good guy and I believe his feelings are sincere.

But for the other readers, I want to clarify something. He say he talked to former full timers who claimed the experience as Nasdaken was OK, but I mystified as to whom he is referring. I have some level of relationship with all full time FTs who have passed through the place since they opened their doors in March, 2005 (with moi as the first and only teacher at the time).

Following my departure after one month (I returned 11 months later as a part-timer after receiving a frantic e-mail plea from the owner -- moments after I "ran" from Sichuan), these are the full time teachers that followed:

- Two guys from Canada who finished their 12-month contract, but were very infuriated with the place after about two months (I made reference to them in an earlier posting).

- A friendly and dedicated teacher from Australia who returned home suddenly due to family illness, never to return.

- Young, American Stacy (we all know her horror stories from her original thread!)

- A warm and inteligent young teacher from Ghana (who is still there, but fairly miserable). The school refused to help him with his visa in Nanjing, so he had to go to Hong Kong. Nasdaken agreed to cover 50% of the cost, but refused reimbursement after he returned. While in Hong Kong, he ran short of money (he had been in Nasdaken's employment for a few months at this point) and contacted them for help. They refused. I ended up wiring him the needed funds.

- A vibrant young couple from Ireland, whom everyone loved, but they departed for home (due to personal reasons) after only serving three months of their 12-month contract (or "glass prison" sentence -- however one chooses to look at it). I seriously doubt they miss the place very much.

- And most recently (and aforementioned) the new, young head teacher who began at the school on June 12 of this year.

I really don't know who Cian is talking about when he says some former full time teachers said they were "happy." Where are they now? Whomever they are, and wherever they are, they're not at Nasdaken today!

Messages In This Thread
Nasdaken International English - Teachers discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-04-08
Hmmmm - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-11
I say "Hmmmmm..." also, but for different reasons - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-11
Sounds like I'd sign a contract today.... - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-13
Speaking of "runners"... and "happy" full timers - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-13
Those annoying mindsets the powers push us to adopt - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-14
More "Chinese," please... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-14
Well, to be frank again, Frank - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-07-15
the chinese way - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-14
A long (and possibly pointless?) reply - Teachers Discussion -- Cian -- 2006-07-12
response - Teachers Discussion -- American in Nanjing -- 2006-05-08
Reply - Teachers Discussion -- Stacy -- 2006-05-12
...and another thing - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
In support of Stacy and her statements about Nasdaken - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-06-04
Subtle extensions of the truth - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-08-02
Thanks, and best wishes to you (from my "bad mouth") - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-04
Keeping a watchful eye... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-09
Martin? Where For Art Thou, Martin? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-17
"Tis but thy name that is my enemy" - Teachers Discussion -- Martin -- 2006-09-06
Martin, a reply from you -- AT LONG LAST!!! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-09-06
Nasdaken obviously DOESN'T CARE - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Websites, etc. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-24
"As the website turns..." - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-24
Have you posted this warning on Raoul's site? - Teachers discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2006-04-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking of "runners"... and "happy" full timers - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -