TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re original documents
AC_YC - 2016-02-19
In response to original documents (Jake)

I'm feeling a case of deja vu here. Anyway at least someone seems to be confirming what I said in a recent thread and also in another location! No doubt the naysayers will have something to say about how ridiculous it all is....

More or less the same clause was added to our contracts with the exception of the fine. The PSB here (Shanxi) are requiring these documents to process the resident permit. It came to light because our FAO went to process one and had to return to school to get them. Luckily the foreign teacher had them with him otherwise who knows what might have evolved.

In your situation, would it not be easier to ask your parents to have a search and find it and courier it to you? If you have genuinely lost it the vast majority of Universities can issue copies for a fee. Mine does, it is all on their website and the cost is reasonable and certainly much cheaper than a return ticket home!

I suggest those reading this even if it is not needed where they are or intend to be expect that sooner or later it will be and prepare for it. Forearmed is forewarned!

Messages In This Thread
original documents -- Jake -- 2016-02-18
Re original documents -- AC_YC -- 2016-02-19
Re original documents -- Paul Fox -- 2016-02-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re original documents

Go to another board -