TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China is NOT your country.
Deal with it - 2016-02-19
In response to Re China is NOT your country. (nijao)

Once China is done with its childish nationalism and finally enters the 21st century to catch up with the rest of the world, you will realize that even though we look different on the outside, inside we are all the same.

I treat Chinese just like I would treat anyone back home, be they White or else, I do not have a condescending attitude, do not look down upon them, do not worship them either, I treat everyone the same as my equal.

As a Foreigner, I do not ask for a special treatment, be it good (privilege/worship) or bad (disdain/racism), I just want to be treated the same as Chinese treat each others, how is that too much asking? I never see Chinese staring at each others, they do not make rude comments in the face of other Chinese assuming they can't understand, they do not stare angrily at other Chinese men when those are hanging around with their girlfriend. Then why do they think it's okay to do these with Foreigners? If you make a rude comment in someone's face this person will call you out on it, be it a Chinese or a Foreigner. Increasingly more Foreigners speak and understand Mandarin, watch out.

I have hope for a growing number of Chinese now understand this, especially the more educated city folks, but they probably represent less than 5% of the whole, jia you China, educate your population the right way, all the same, not us VS them. The later will only create more anti-Chinese sentiment across the world resulting in hatred and violence for the Chinese, not what you want.

Messages In This Thread
Re China is NOT your country. -- nijao -- 2016-02-14
Re China is NOT your country. -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-19
Re China is NOT your country. -- Deal with it -- 2016-02-19
Re China is NOT your country. -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-19
Re China is NOT your country. -- Paul Fox -- 2016-02-20
Re China is NOT your country. -- BinderDundat -- 2016-02-20
Re China is NOT your country. -- Paul Greene -- 2016-02-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China is NOT your country.

Go to another board -