TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › esl teachers (qualifications) - Teachers Discussion *Link*
joyayi - 2006-07-14

I've been in China for over five months. i've heard alot about descrimination on filipinos as esl teachers.

alot of schools would decline my race since we are not native speakers of the Queen's tongue. i guess, we are being mislead with the perception of an ESL teacher basing on its primacie value, its advertising aspect.

if i'm not mistaken, PHILIPPINES is the 3rd or 4th LARGEST english speaking country in the WHOLE WORLD, not counting the fact that we really don't have that much english in our curriculum.

it's just sad to think that we are being descriminated by our own kins in ASIA. When infact in the USA more filipinos were taken as english teachers because the WHITES know how hardworking filipinos are and that we have a high literacy rate!

i guess, it's just time to open our eyes that being a native doesn't mean that u have to have that blue eyes and blond or brunette hair.

those so called native speakers are laughing at us!

it's time to wake up my chinese kins!!!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
esl teachers (qualifications) - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- joyayi -- 2006-07-14
Sad but true - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-15
on sad but true! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-16
Asian faces and "foreign faces" - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-15
On asian faces and foreign faces - Teachers Discussion -- rainmyne -- 2006-07-17
RAINMYNE - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
BeatsPerMinute - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
beatbox - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
RAINMYNE - Teachers Discussion -- rainmyne -- 2006-07-19
on asian faces and foreign faces - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- mj -- 2006-07-16
In complete agreement witth you - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › esl teachers (qualifications) - Teachers Discussion *Link*

Go to another board -