TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: Chinese type big brother surveillance
San Migs - 2016-03-16

My last post, and I have to head away for a while so I will try and be as brief as possible. I found some of your points needed replying to though.

I don't hate a nation state or its people but I do think there will no solution to the crisis
with a right-wing government in Israel and a recalcitrant Hamas.

The thing is Israel has tried to accomodate them time and time again, appeasement just does not work. China has their own ticking timebomb in the west, if they are not careful, that could easily become similar. Taiwan is far safer than China and the Phillipines now, no terrorism at all there. Safe AND Free.

[For the record, like you, I also worked to get funds when I was at university. I had time to
do other things though.

No problems on that score.

There have been times when you have been downright obnoxious but I have let it go - comments
like "... he's suffering from "Chinese wives syndrome".

More precisely it was something like this from the excellent Greg Mavrides, PhD holder, website for foreigners in China called middle kingdom life:

http://middlekingdomlife.com/guide/oppressed-group-behavior-among-foreign-teachers-in-china.htm

Like it or lump it, but the truth is those expats/FT's with chinese wives have more to lose than those without, so there is a schism, whether you choose to like/see it or not. My 10 years in China tells me there is. I have spoken on this now, and hope that clarifies my stance.

For starters, there's no such thing, except in your
mind.

Wrong, it DOES exist, it is not fiction, but absolute undeniable fact.

As for the SAD, perhaps I should have kept that secret, but it's not that a big deal in hindsight. Someone (not me) ratted out your information from an aviation college or some such place, so we all make mistakes in trusting information when we should not.

I'm quite capable
of giving it out in the same way as you do if that's the way you wish to debate.

No problems, that is your right. I like debate as much as the next man.

Cheers and goodbye,
SMGS

Messages In This Thread
Re re: Chinese type big brother surveillance -- San Migs -- 2016-03-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: Chinese type big brother surveillance

Go to another board -