TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › on certs or not... - Teachers Discussion
mj - 2006-07-17

kj (does this stand for killjoy?)

seems like i hit a fiber of nerve there.
i guess u missed out the point. have u been reading the discussion on certs on this forum?

Personally, I could care less about this issue of
certificates or degrees being necessary or not necessary in order to get a job in China (well, it doesnt seem to be that way).

I am however concerned, as most qualified teachers should be, that so many of you seem to think that China is some backward country that could care less about the quality of English education. (ohh..did i make a point on that? chiz!what made u assume that many people think that china is a backward country when it comes to english education?)i just said that schools prefer teachers with certs) hello!

Granted, you will find schools and/or recruiters that will hire you would be teachers faster than you can pack your backpacks, but believe me they don't speak for the Chinese people as a whole and definitely do not speak for the Chinese Education Department. There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of students, that are genuinely interested in bettering themselves and their country. And many students are interested in continuing their studies abroad and therefore keenly aware of the need to sharpen their English skills. The fact that you can carry on a conversation in English and maybe put together a couple of sentences down in writing without a mistake (haven't seen you do that yet), doesn't qualify you to be their educators.(whew! look who's talkin', didnt u know that alot of ur countrymen came here without even finishing any degree though not all.i've noticed the errors i've committed mr. know it all beforehand but i didnt know someone will get too picky about it.)

Ok yeah you can go be a clown somewhere without credentials, but I doubt you will ever manage to get a real job in a real school that has the legitimate right to hire you; furthermore, even if you do manage to somehow fake your way into one of those schools, it will be difficult if not impossible for you to mask your obvious inability to fill the position responsibly. Case in point: The plural of company (Patrick) is companies, not companys. And here's a real laugher (Patrick), college is not spelled colledge. (FAKE? duh? i was just asked by my head to sign for another year in this LEGITIMATE and KNOWN institution) and why the hell do u care about ptrick's stuff? i think u are an assuming genius (or genius in ur own right?) but why are u here when in fact u can get a better job in ur country with a higher salary? my credentials? u might just get too embarassed of what a 23 lass had achieved.

As for the rest of you who cannot even demonstrate a high school level of writing ability in this forum, what do you think qualifies you to teach English? The fact that you can speak it? Get real. I can drive a car, but that doesn't qualify me to race in the Grand Prix. (certs equated to driving a car and qualifying a grand prix? illogical! why not driving a car and having a driver's license? it makes sense right? )

Regarding whether or not Phillipine speakers of English are qualified to teach in China, my point is the same. All you've managed to convince me of is that you need to rid yourself of the notion that China is some backwater country that will hire any Tom, Dick or Harry that can speak "adequate" English. (did i convince u with that? or did i even make a point on that? i didnt think of china that way...)chiz! my sole point was tesol cert doesnt prove one's capability in teaching english...

However, lest I be labeled a bigot, let me add that there are many educated Phillipino speakers of English that would be extremely qualified to teach here, regardless if they are certified to do so or not. Unfortunately, I haven't seen them chiming in on this subject in the last few days. Those of you who have had a thing or two to say, in my opinion, better further your educations and for now rid yourselves of the delusional notion that you have the ability to teach ESL/EFL here or anywhere else.
(FILIPINO. talking about education, what did u finish? i mean, u sound like u're well educated, but what are u doing here? u could use ur "high" EDUCATION as implied, in a country that can offer u a higher salary)

i didnt mean to be nasty but i guess u're missing the whole point? or maybe u just want to prove to this forum that u're some kind of an analytical-critical indv'l?

chiz!

u sound so defensive!

peace in between

Messages In This Thread
Certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-16
Pulling the Wool - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
raoul,frank - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj, xiexie! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
u're most welcome frank! - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
Pointing the Finger Where It Belongs - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-20
on certs or not... - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-17
certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
KJ - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj and your blog - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
a complment or insult? - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
relax mj - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-19
Thanks for the clarification - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-17
To Frank with kind regards - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
...and to you, too! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › on certs or not... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -