TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › certs or not - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2006-07-17

Had you read the post a little more carefully MJ you would have noticed that I was not singling out any particular race, although I was implying that in regards to your writing you didn't demonstrate the abilities necessary for teaching English. But for the sake of the argument, I will agree with you that many of my countrymen - even though you don't know what country that is, couldn't teach their way out of a paper bag. And I'll further agree with you that some of them are here now attempting to do just that. Unfortunately, they are reducing the quality of English education in China and, by the mere fact that they are teaching here and accepting positions that qualified teachers wouldn't accept, they are proving to unscrupulous schools and recruiters that they needn't worry about finding someone to fill those positions. In essence it just adds fuel to the fire and does nothing to decrease the amount of corruption in this business.

As for my qualifications and why I'm not teaching elsewhere? I left a 40,000 dollar a year job in America because I felt I could help young people in China who are genuinely interested in improving their lot in life and the standing of their country in the world community. But I've been in China for three years now and maybe I'm ready to move on. Have any suggestions about where I can make 40,000 bucks a year without returning home? Qualifications? BA Asian Studies and Second Language Acquisition. Certificate in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language. MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL Methodology. PHD in B**l S**t. Author of "If You Can't Make It, Fake it. If You Can't Fake It, F*** It - An ESL/EFL teachers guide to teaching abroad."

Okay, you got me on the analogy about driving. Should have taken more time on that one. Good thinking MJ.

Ok, didn't want to stir up a hornet's nest. Just putting in my two cents worth. Next time I'll turn it down a notch. If I inadvertantly offended you, my sincere apologies.

Good luck and keep the peace.

Messages In This Thread
Certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-16
Pulling the Wool - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
raoul,frank - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj, xiexie! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
u're most welcome frank! - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
Pointing the Finger Where It Belongs - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-20
on certs or not... - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-17
certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
KJ - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj and your blog - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
a complment or insult? - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
relax mj - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-19
Thanks for the clarification - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-17
To Frank with kind regards - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
...and to you, too! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › certs or not - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -