TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re advice needed
Jay - 2016-04-01
In response to Re advice needed (San Migs)

My contract with the school ends in July. If I remember the conversation last September they said the RP is always set to expire 30 days after my contract date and the FEC is usually the slightly longer but they would not issue it for longer than the validity of my passport for obvious reasons.

Yes, I do have to technically leave. My original plan had I not got so fed up with my current situation was to obtain a new passport in country and then just transfer everything to my new employer. I asked earlier in the year about the passport situation and was told that they would just take my new passport to the police and they would put a replacement RP in it with the same expiry date as the former one.

As I said at the beginning despite what some people chose to criticize me for was that I feel I am just so jaded with the whole job I just want to go home. What I asked about was if anyone knew if doing this would pose me problems later. It has been indicated it would however I feel even if I just bite the bullet and stay I feel I am still going to get shafted. It appears to be a rock and a hard place situation so at the moment I am not sure what to do to be honest.

Any ideas?

Jay

Messages In This Thread
Re advice needed -- Jay -- 2016-03-31
Re advice needed -- San Migs -- 2016-04-01
Re advice needed -- Jay -- 2016-04-01
Re advice needed -- San Migs -- 2016-04-02
Re advice needed -- amused -- 2016-04-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re advice needed

Go to another board -