TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC
Former FT in the PRC - 2016-04-08

What I have noticed is that they prefer the name exactly as it printed on your passport. If
you use 'Alex' rather than 'Alexander' or an initial for your middle name and this is on
your passport I don't see a problem.

You don't see a problem. However, my branch of the BOC does. I receive GBP transfers from an offshore account and from another occupational pension provider. Both of them always use my full name, which I had previously provided, as shown in my passport. What is galling about the SPPA, is that, unlike the other GBP providers to my account, that agency made me complete a Cross Border Wire Transfer form in pdf format. Having done that, I wouldn't have expected the SPPA, especially as it is a government agency to manage to mess things up, in conjunction with Citibank by adulterating the correct information that I had provided. Just to add, I think there is a certain entitlement mentality within said agency that precludes their staff from apologising!

I also blame the BOC for rejecting the transfer even though the bank account number matched mine. Surely that far outweighs the abbreviated name error!

Messages In This Thread
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-08
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Elaine -- 2016-04-08
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-15
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-08
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Paul Greene -- 2016-04-09
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-10
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- amused -- 2016-04-10
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-10
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Paul Greene -- 2016-04-11
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Former FT in the PRC -- 2016-04-12
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- San Migs -- 2016-04-10
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- Paul Greene -- 2016-04-10
Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC -- San Migs -- 2016-04-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Scottish Public Pensions Agency/Citibank/BOC

Go to another board -