TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › This week's "'Red Flag' Specials" from ESL Jobs in China - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-07-19

Greetings, fellow FTs!

Heres this weeks 'Red Flag' Specials from ESL Jobs in China:

Please feel free to insert your own comments!

------------------

baotou city,innermogolia - English job offered
Posted By: No-native speaker need asapBaotou Jiawen Foreign Language School <xuhui7812@tom.com>
Date: 18 July 2006

"we need foreign teachers asap,no mind who you are from,if you are interested at it ,please contact with me soon"

(innermogolia??? It makes me a bit nervous when the recruiter cant properly spell the name of the place No-native speaker and no mind who you are from could be taken to mean: You can be Chinese and we dont care who your parents are! This ad says SO MUCH with SO FEW words!!! Are you interested at it??? Im not!)

-----------------

From Vicky representing a middle school in Shaoxing, Zhejiang:

Free, you are offered the same medical treatment as other staff

(Uh, oh Does that mean its free because there isnt any, perhaps???)

------------------

From allexander:

shantou foreign language school in guangdong is looking for 1 philippiono female teacher who should live near to the guangdong province in china

(Hey, mj and Rainmyne; Do philippiono people live anywhere near Filipino people?)

------------------

From Yang Jie, representing Panzhihua University: (highlights from a very long introduction of the position and the city of Panzhihua):

the living standard is rather low in Sichuan Province compared with other parts in China
(Yeah, Ill say! I lived in Panzhihua for five weeks (and fled), and I had the most unbearable fifth floor apartment, which flooded inches deep on daily basis!)

PZHU has obtained a good reputation and draws widespread social concern across Sichuan province
(So, do people think this a good place or a bad place???)

Outstanding Unit of Talent Exploitation
(Young, beautiful girls beware!!!)

(These are some of the qualities they expect to attact new teachers with? Okay!!!)

-------------------

From Peter in Huludao, Liaoning:

nice flat
the city is near the sea
you should be native speaker
you will teach the adult

(If nothing else, Peter is concise But my question is: Teach the adult what? Pig? Cow? Dragon?)

--------------------

And of course, my favorite folks have returned for a third time in the past two weeks:

Haoshi foreign language school located in coastal city, Yingkou which is specialized in english training. With hard and bitter struggle ,Haoshi foreign language school has become the most professional English training school in Yingkou city. There are more than 2000 students and 30 stuffs and 3 foreign teachers in school.

(Its beginning to seem that their hard and bitter struggle is finding a teacher!)

Messages In This Thread
This week's "'Red Flag' Specials" from ESL Jobs in China - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-19
Filipino not Phillipino/Phillipiono - Teachers Discussion -- rainmyne -- 2006-07-20
boredom is a terrible thing - Teachers Discussion -- bubawoo -- 2006-07-26
way to go Frank - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › This week's "'Red Flag' Specials" from ESL Jobs in China - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -