TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Pointing the Finger Where It Belongs - Teachers Discussion
Raoul Duke - 2006-07-20
In response to Oops - Teachers Discussion (KJ)

KJ,

I would only quibble with one point.

I definitely agree that the state of education in China, including but not limited to English education, is absolutely disgraceful.

I don't argue that there's not an awful lot of whitey propped up in front of classrooms right now that have no business whatsoever being there.

However, I place the blame for this (or at least 99.99% of it) squarely on the shoulders of the school owners/managers and they system they represent. They're the ones who set the standards- or lack thereof- not us. They're the ones who make the hiring decisions, not us. If these people were really concerned about the quality of the education instead of just keeping up appearances, carving out little personal empires, and trying to get everything on the cheap even if they have to cheat and lie to do it, the entire structure and dynamic of education here would be very different indeed.

Recruiters are scum and don't really enter into this conversation. They are the parasites that can only infest an animal that's already sick in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
Certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-16
Pulling the Wool - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-17
raoul,frank - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj, xiexie! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
u're most welcome frank! - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
Oops - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
Pointing the Finger Where It Belongs - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-20
on certs or not... - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-17
certs or not - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-17
KJ - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
mj and your blog - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
a complment or insult? - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-18
relax mj - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-19
Thanks for the clarification - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-17
To Frank with kind regards - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-18
...and to you, too! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Pointing the Finger Where It Belongs - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -