TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re British teacher killed in China
CarCarGo - 2016-04-17
In response to Re British teacher killed in China (paul fox)

I wonder what goes on in Thailand. I mean, its famous (rightly or wrongly) for ideas of outrageous 'anything-goes' adventures, parties and of course those Lost in Thailand comedy movies only added to the idea.

But over the last year or two I've noticed that a lot of the foreigners I'd describe as the 'party boys'. The ones who came here to become 'Batman' and learn Kung-Fu then took part-time jobs teaching English so they can fund Laowai Bar fights/hook-ups have almost all gone to.... Thailand!

At least that's where they kept insisting they were going. Some said Vietnam but I kept hearing Thailand over and over.

Now adding more to the story, it seems like every other documentary I watch is about some prostitution in Thailand and then horrific stuff like 'slavery' and child prostitution etc. Also every middle-school kid says 'Ladyboy' if you say 'Thailand'. It seemed to me every other foreigner I met coming or going to Thailand had some kind of 'counterfeit import-export scheme' going. Brits making fake Premiere League gear or something like that.

So, a person might start to guess that a lot of the foreigners getting murdered in Thailand are possibly involved in what.. drugs? drug smuggling, prostitution games, scamming other foreigners? Counterfeit sports clothing scams or what's going on down there?

Anyone here that's lived in or around the foreigner world in Thailand??

Messages In This Thread
Re British teacher killed in China -- paul fox -- 2016-04-14
Re British teacher killed in China -- CarCarGo -- 2016-04-17
Re British teacher killed in China -- San Migs -- 2016-04-14
Re British teacher killed in China -- Paul Greene -- 2016-04-15
Re British teacher killed in China -- paul fox -- 2016-04-14
Re British teacher killed in China -- San Migs -- 2016-04-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re British teacher killed in China

Go to another board -