TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Changchun: English job offered - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2006-07-24

At times the scam recruiters are so transparent that it's almost laughable. This one offers a job in Changchun and wants us to believe he is a foreign teacher there. If so, they have pretty low standards. Beyond the dopey, non-punctuated sentences, there are so many typical second language mistakes that one would have to be blind not to notice them. Check it out:
Summers can be quite hot, springs are cool to warm, autumn time is probably the best not to hot not to cold, but the winters... there ok I guess.
-

This guy has named himself Simon Whitaker. Well okay then Simon, I'm challenging you right here and now to prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a real foreign teacher. Where are you from? What are your credentials?
And please don't try to paint such an alluring picture of Shijiazhuang. Yeah there are lots of people there, I'll grant you that. Beyond that.......forget it...................just another armpit, industrialized city that has nothing to offer a Western teacher seeking to experience China and Chinese culture.

Finally, if an employer or recruiter suggests that you "may have the opportunity" to teach in some villages outside the city, that means you will have to teach in some villages outside the city. Well, that may be your cup of tea, and some villages can be pleasant indeed - especially if you know someone there, but don't bet on it. Also, your valuable time will be eaten up in the commute to said villages and you probably won't be compensated for the time you spend going to and fro on a hot, crowded and dilappidated old bus.

My advice; avoid this school and avoid Simon unless he can come up with a more convincing argument for joining up with him.

Messages In This Thread
Changchun: English job offered - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-24
Simple "Simon" is in the house - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-02
changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- mj -- 2006-07-27
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- Carl -- 2015-02-20
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- Somebody -- 2015-02-21
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- should i stay or should i go -- 2015-02-22
Speak on it, KJ! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Changchun: English job offered - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -