TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The absurdity of it all.....
CarCarGo - 2016-04-24
In response to Re The absurdity of it all..... (amused)

As much as I enjoy your contempt for white faces making meager salaries for highly annoying work that doesn't require advanced degrees...

..It's not so flawed and ineffective. In fact, for most students practicing oral English with a native speaker is the very best thing they can do, the most effective and an all important confidence booster.

Of course, there is also the cultural exchange. Today I suggested they use 'Rooster' instead of 'Cock' and how, as retarded as it may seem, we call a hen a 'chicken' and then the 'male chicken' a rooster. We say Roosters are chickens. It might be senseless but in fact its something only a native English speaker can get them through.

Anyways, it really does amaze me you think teaching degrees and experienced holders would ever want to be in China for 3X less than they make back home.

And that you think they'd be better at this job!

Or that they aren't rife with missionaries, alcoholics and at rates nearing that of native Chinese or the despicable 'dancing white monkeys' (and I suppose your 'dancing black monkeys').

Messages In This Thread
The absurdity of it all..... -- paul fox -- 2016-04-23
Re The absurdity of it all..... -- Dubius Maximus -- 2016-04-25
Re The absurdity of it all..... -- amused -- 2016-04-24
Re The absurdity of it all..... -- CarCarGo -- 2016-04-24
Re The absurdity of it all..... -- Penelope -- 2016-04-24
Re The absurdity of it all..... -- paul fox -- 2016-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re The absurdity of it all.....

Go to another board -