TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speak on it, KJ! - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-07-24

Yeah, KJ, speak on it! You beat me to the punch on this one! The same characteristics of this posting jumped out at me as well!

I love this quote from Simon Whitakers ad:

Let me tell you two things we are not an agency we are a school so we won't be "pimping" you out to elementary, middle or high schools in the city you will only work for Daqiao I've been a foreign teacher for the school nearly a year and a half I have never had one complaint about the school except you will work weekends

This run-on (and on and on) sentence says much! First of all, where did Simon learn the term pimping? We all know this is term used by FTs for various reasons. As youve established KJ, this guy is so obviously NOT a foreign teacher. He might be foreign, but as you said, English is not his first language (nor likely his second; third, perhaps?).
If hes never had one complaint about the school then why would he know about such common complaints about things like pimping out FTs???

I always say be very careful of anyone who makes such claims as weve never had a complaint from a foreign teacher before. This is exactly what happened to me in my first teaching job in China. When I began to complain about broken promises, poor management, etc., to the Chinese agent (in the USA) that placed me in the job, he too, acted dismayed that such problems existed, claiming I was the first teacher at any of his schools (!!!) to encounter and report such problems! In no time, I came to learn that my complaints and concerns were quite common and systemic in China.

Also, as you also pointed out, Shijiazhuang has a rather lousy reputation among FTs as a city with far more than the usual level of pollution and other bad traits.

I also like Simons closing remarks: All up we offer are pretty enticing salary higher than most schools. I love the way he decides the readers feelings in advance!

Yes indeed, I would say, stay away from Shijiazhuang Simon.

Messages In This Thread
Changchun: English job offered - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-07-24
Simple "Simon" is in the house - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-02
changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- mj -- 2006-07-27
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- Carl -- 2015-02-20
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- Somebody -- 2015-02-21
Re changchun daqiao...it's a no no! -- should i stay or should i go -- 2015-02-22
Speak on it, KJ! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speak on it, KJ! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -