TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › One of the best articles I ever read: "Trump and the Lord’s Work"
Curious - 2016-05-04

Tom Friedman, NYT, basically says that 2007 was an inflection point where "everything started getting digitized and made mobile. A lot of things started to get very fast all at once. It was precisely when we needed to double down on our formula for success and update it for a new era."

Instead, mostly because of the Republican party, we got a political gridlock.

After enumerating a list of things that need to get done, he ends the article on this deep (and humorous) thought: "Every one of these challenges can be met if we put our heads and hands together. For that to happen, though, this version of the Republican Party had to be destroyed, so a thinking center-right party can emerge. If that is what Trump has done, he’s done the Lord’s work."

That's a soothing thought at this very moment (7PM PacificDaylightTime May 3) when Trump just got a clear path to the Republican nomination...

Messages In This Thread
One of the best articles I ever read: "Trump and the Lord’s Work" -- Curious -- 2016-05-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › One of the best articles I ever read: "Trump and the Lord’s Work"

Go to another board -