TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › How can you know, Frank? How can you know? - Teachers Discussion
John - 2006-07-27

Your "Paging Dr.Cross" posting states that his "episode" with Gannan Normal College was "horrific" How can you say that, Frank? All the signs in Dr Cross's own complaint suggest that it was not "horrific" at all. Indeed he was not even there after the College refused to stop "disrespecting his privacy" and confirmed their agreement to him breaking his contract.

Indeed it is quite clear that he did break not only his employment contract, but the law too. Thus, whatever "horror" Dr Cross may have experienced may well have been entirely his own fault.

We all have only the one posting from Dr Cross and nowhere does even he suggest it was horrific - merely that it was inconvenient and expensive for he and his girlfriend to live in a succession of hotels after HE ran away.

Dr Cross posted what everyone agrees was one-sided, vague, cryptic, confusing, etc etc. But there was enough clarity there for me to draw my distinctions but there is none whtsoever that entitles you to state that his experience was "horrific"

As you say yourself, Frank,"It's All In The Details"

As for the vicious, mud-slinging nature of the discussions herein, let me point out that I never mud-sling anyone. It's the likes of Mr Duke who; when their argument is defeated; lack the control necessary to resist calling names and making personally insulting remarks and telling lies against some of us who simply have the temerity to state our own opinions even though they differ from his. Mr Duke - in this case at least - has not shown himself to be "wise" - "sensitive" and imbued with "wit" as you said in an earlier posting in this thread. It only shows up the fact that he has a narrow mind, a bullying attitude and a big mouth - as was also volunteered by "Earthling" in his posting.

John

Messages In This Thread
Foreign Teachers incident at Gannan Normal College Ganzhou - Teachers Discussion -- James Cross -- 2006-07-22
Dr James Cross vs Gannan Normal College - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-22
Trouble at Gannan - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-07-23
Dr Cross vs Gannan Normal College - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-23
Re: Gannan Normal College - Teachers Discussion -- carlito bragante -- 2007-04-25
Gannan Normal Uni - Teachers Discussion -- wally -- 2006-07-27
John vs Every Foreign Teacher in China - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-24
For Mr Duke - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-25
All in how ya see it... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-26
Your Biased Discourse - Teachers Discussion -- Ginger Grant -- 2006-07-26
Raoul Duke - Teachers Discussion -- The Earthling -- 2006-07-26
Response to 'The Earthling' - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-26
Don't Dismiss The Duke - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-27
"The Devil is in the details," as they say... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-22
Paging Dr. Cross... Paging Dr. Cross... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-27
How can you know, Frank? How can you know? - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-27
My mistake - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-27
Thank-you, Frank! - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-28
My reaction to your dilemma - Teachers Discussion -- AMonk -- 2006-07-22
Reaction - Teachers Discussion -- Bill Jacot -- 2007-04-27
Bad English - Teachers Discussion -- Em -- 2007-04-26
Rely to Emily - Teachers Discussion -- AMonk -- 2007-04-27
AMONK - Teachers Discussion -- wally -- 2006-07-30
I stand by my posting - Teachers Discussion -- AMonk -- 2006-07-30
First place to call... - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › How can you know, Frank? How can you know? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -