TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › John's apparent contradiction - Teachers Discussion
Ajarn - 2006-07-30

It is generally held that a school whose name comes up on the review board will thereafter find it very difficult to recruit teachers.

Perhaps more importantly and this is a big point you ALL miss: Teachers who ........They will not be deterred from their unscrupulous ways but can be relied on to make life even more difficult.

I'm sorry John, but I don't follow your logic.

If a school is experiencing difficulty recruiting (and retaining) teachers and it responds by making life more difficult for newly recruited teachers (and incumbent teachers), won't that generate MORE complaints on this (and other) forums and make it even MORE harder for the school to recruit (and retain) teachers?

And, eventually, won't the school be faced with a situation whereby it cannot recruit (or retain) any teachers?

What would a school do at that point? Avoid recruiting foreign teachers altogether? Or, perhaps, take stock and amend the working / living conditions of foreign teachers?

History (India / Gandhi, US / Afro-Americans, South Africa / Mandela, et al) shows that the short-term response to speaking out against injustices may result in harsher injustices.

But, in the long run, perseverance prevails!

Messages In This Thread
To My Few Detractors - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-28
Put me at the top of that list, please! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-30
Response to Mr Duke - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-31
It just gets sillier... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-03
You and Your Biased Mind - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-05
More Lunacy! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-06
Wot about something useful - Teachers Discussion -- wally -- 2006-07-30
Response to Wally - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-31
Joining your "few" detractors - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-07-29
detractors?! - Teachers Discussion -- mj -- 2006-07-30
JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Teachers Discussion -- mj/ SOLONGTINIK -- 2006-07-31
Sticks and Stones - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-31
John's apparent contradiction - Teachers Discussion -- Ajarn -- 2006-07-30
Response to Ajarn - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-31
John's flawed thinking. - Teachers Discussion -- Ajarn -- 2006-07-31
On Thin Ice! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-07-31
Qualified or Stay home - Teachers Discussion -- wally -- 2006-08-02
Attitude! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-08-03
Response to Mr Duke - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-07-31
How can you know, John? How can you know? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › John's apparent contradiction - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -