TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Response to Ajarn - Teachers Discussion
John - 2006-07-31

Yes the first quote you mention does appear to amount to a contradiction. However, it was meant to be followed by a qualification:

It is generally held that a school whose name comes up on the review board will thereafter find it very difficult to recruit teachers. However, many of them seem to carry on recruiting teachers year after year. They also keep coming up in complaint forums. Which implies that complaints being made in school reviews are not being taken seriously by either side. For this reason etc. etc.

I apologise for that but the bit I had added (in red above) was accidentally cut when I edited my text and changed the order of paragraphs prior to my posting it. These things happen.

I also had intended to name a few such schools/recruiters but chose not to. However, I refer to the likes of Yakup International: New Century: Royal Language School in Tonghua and many others who have been the subject of ongoing complaints for years.

The fact that these outfits have survived suggests that teacher complaints are not effective. My overall point in challenging a few complaints in the past 7 months is that teachers indulging themselves by cheating, lying and misrepresentation do not help at all. In fact they hinder, because their behaviour reflects badly not just against themselves but against all of us.

Finally, it also bears mentioning that even the schools that come up for complaint more often than most, can only survive if they have teachers that are able and prepared to teach. This in turn suggests that no matter how dodgy these schools may be, they must be keeping most of their teachers happy most of the time.

John

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Response to Ajarn - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -