TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT
Annie - 2016-05-18

Just had the worst experience with this cowboy operation. Being told to pack up my job that I was flying out to saudi in under two weeks, I left England, my job, my husband and my life. Waiting in Ireland to hear of my fly out date that week I was suddenly told my visa had been cancelled. I was to wait for 10 days to hear why. Ringing the saudi embassy to enquirer why, they had no details of that visa block number nor of my passport that I was told was sent there.

When quizzed, I was told that they couldn't explain why my visa had been cancelled, to trust them and I'd probably fly out that Sunday. Saturday came and no call. I then phoned on Sunday and was told that I must wait another 3-4 weeks. I started to smell a rat and started quizzing them further as to what exactly was going on? I then heard from a contact in saudi that they didn't have the contract for KSU for 2016-17. I phoned again and queried them, knowing at this point, I no longer had a job and there wasn't a problem with cancelled visas, they just didn't have jobs to get visas. When quizzed further they told me everything was in hand and they were sure they would get the contract.

I was asked them to wait 5/6 weeks!!!! Obviously I've ordered my passport and every bit of paperwork they had on me back. The whole experience has been negative, stressful, unprofessional, dishonest and exceptionally frustrating. I should have known from the very beginning when Michelle from In Advance (agency that hired me in London) lied about the wages, the accommodation and driver allowance. I went from dropping in basic start by £900 a month.

Just wish I had trusted my gut and not been so desperate to meet my husband who has now relocated there. If I could take them to court I would. So people, save yourself the heartache and stress and join a company who actually have positions guaranteed so you don't give up your life on their word. I will forever remember my experience with ICEAT AND IN ADVANCE recruitment with complete and utter distain. It's a blessing it didn't work out for me....fate in this case played the upper hand and I've secured a good position elsewhere. No lies, no false promises, no haggling of wages. Good riddance to them.

Messages In This Thread
Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Mollyt -- 2015-04-05
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Annie -- 2016-05-18
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Tom -- 2016-06-28
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- ScamKnight -- 2016-03-19
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Janet -- 2016-03-19
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- KT -- 2015-12-04
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Yasin -- 2015-08-06
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Unhappy Camper -- 2015-10-25
Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT -- Mizzit -- 2015-08-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beware of King Saud University and ICEAT

Go to another board -