TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: John, Raoul, et al. - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2006-08-01

Although I've been folowing this debate with a certain degree of interest, I'm beginning to get a little lost in the rhetoric. One unfortunate aspect of the human condition is that we have a near unlimited lexicon from which we can draw to form foundational communication that leads to a kind of spiraling communication that often fails to bring us back to the original point or goal of our discourse. In short, and I'm guilty of this myself quite often, we get caught up in our own verbosity. Hmmmm...........perhaps there's something to be said for the Reader's Digest Condensed Version(s) after all.
Well anyway, for the sake of readers who are just tapping in to the forum - and for those who've gotten lost in the spirals of this debate, I'd like to see the facts simply stated and the argument revisited in a way that could bring about mutual understanding if not agreement.

Let me give it a try:
Some teachers, aware of their own deficiencies and perhaps carrying a sense of guilt at their absence of patience and/or cultural sensitivity, will write negative posts against schools to somehow assuage those feelings.
Hmmmm...a little too wordy. Let me try again:
Some teachers attempt to gloss over the truth of their own stumble bum efforts to "get it right."

Now this:
A huge numbers of schools in China could care less about keeping teachers happy because they know full well that there are many more teachers waiting in the wings.
Less wordy:
Some schools in China really suck - be careful.

Okay, well, back to being serious - or is that more serious? I think this argument could come to a worthwhile conclusion if the facts are laid out calmly and clearly and without so much rhetoric that the flow disappears; however, on the other hand I do enjoy and appreciate the writing skills of some of you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: John, Raoul, et al. - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-08-01
Bingo! - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: John, Raoul, et al. - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -