TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China is not your Truman Show
amused - 2016-05-29

"I just left China 2 days ago after being there four years. You don't have to be important in China to get in trouble, all you have to be seen as is an offender and you are hosed. I was literally threatened with prison for merely having a motorcycle and my moto was legal. China in the last 2 years has turned into a very scary place to live. I mean the government told China that the west was the reason for the stock market problems. People lost fortunes! And guess who was to blame!? Us!!"

There is a recurring delusion among FTs that they are important scapegoats in China.

Please listen carefully: Chinese people spend little or no time thinking about foreigners.

FTs spend enormous energy processing their treatment in China as a reflection of some grand conspiracy, as if their time in Shaanxi is their Truman Show.

The one policeman on that one day that took that one FTs motorcycle did so for some insignificant variable reason.

If the writer/rider thinks it is because the government of China is cracking down on foreigners because of international market manipulation, it's fortunate that he is now on a flight home where he can purchase his medication in time to vote for Trump.

Messages In This Thread
China is not your Truman Show -- amused -- 2016-05-29
Re China is not your Truman Show -- caring -- 2016-05-30
Re China is not your Truman Show -- John O'Shei -- 2016-05-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China is not your Truman Show

Go to another board -