TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China is not your Truman Show
caring - 2016-05-30
In response to China is not your Truman Show (amused)

Your title is misleading as the person in case seems just unfortunate and frustrated with the system mostly. Motorbikes/scooters truly get confiscated by authoritative local cops daily for they are the easier target than cars in which some drivers may be too much for them. Just like in our nations, poor people get taken advantage of in China too. Since laws are mere suggestions and welfare is minimal in this country, those folks suffer quite a bit more than our folks do. For a FT who works here as long as the one in your quotations, the abuse may be unparalleled to the one of locals though. This person, coming to China, may just have assumed that his role would be more meaningful than it really was. Chinese leaders, managers or any superiors appear to be fairly good with their hidden agenda. So, even though I do not know the whole story about this person, the "Truman Show" that you are suggesting is, in my view, a presumption and an overkill here. FTs deserve a bit more respect than to be considered for nuts for blowing up after having bad experiences. This is the eslteachersboard after all, or at least I would like to think so.

Messages In This Thread
China is not your Truman Show -- amused -- 2016-05-29
Re China is not your Truman Show -- caring -- 2016-05-30
Re China is not your Truman Show -- John O'Shei -- 2016-05-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China is not your Truman Show

Go to another board -