TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Who is a Deecher?
PhD teacher - 2016-06-05

1. There are certain formal qualiicational requirements for decent teacher like a subject-relevant degree in the subject you teach and addiitonal recongized teacher training like a PGCE. Anyone else without these formal criteria is NOT a teacher in these terms. ESL commonly employs "teachers" that do not match these criteria, we all know. Against these criteria, the latter would be sub-standard "teachers", and far too many of them work for ESL outfits with sub-standard conditions with respect to pay, working conditios, etc

I understand. Although I do doubt, and I don't include yourself, that most of the posters agreeing with you on this site and accusing others of being 'deechers' do not have the subject relevant degrees (namely in English grammar) thus putting them in the 'deecher' category themselves. I think you'd agree that a teacher teaching chemistry should have a degree in chemistry and a teacher teaching English need one in grammar. The latter of course would also need a degree covering English Literature if he teaches writing. What I am saying in short is that you are getting most of your support from 'deechers'

Messages In This Thread
Re Who is a Deecher? -- PhD teacher -- 2016-06-05
Re Who is a Deecher? -- amused -- 2016-06-05
Re Who is a Deecher? -- PhD teacher -- 2016-06-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Who is a Deecher?

Go to another board -