TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training?
paul fox - 2016-06-05

To be fair, not many people have the time to immerse themselves in courses like this. When I did my TESOL/TEFL/TESL course, it was during a period in my life when I had lots of time.

The course that I elected to do was Advanced Diploma and took 9 months to complete. It included various practicums in simulated classrooms (no students). Practicums varied from beginner level to university level and I also opted to deliver lessons in Business English, since Business Administration is my major.

Every step of the course was monitored and graded by the English professor who runs it, or his Academic Director. Either way, it was intensive, professional and covered much of the information, and most of the topics, that you have highlighted in your course.

I have recently contacted my professor and suggested he adds a section that covers double-negatives and litotes, since many of us seem to get the two confused (lol).

I am also looking at the possibility of doing an English Language degree, if I can find a suitable on-line course.

Messages In This Thread
Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training? -- paul fox -- 2016-06-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re What should be the minimum standards in ESL teacher training?

Go to another board -