TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking of grasping at straws... - Teachers Discussion
Raoul Duke - 2006-08-03

Jeez, John, this is pretty silly and presumptuous even for you.

I don't think one enters teaching in China to get "celebrity status", do they? Most of my students seem to like me a lot, but I've long since been teaching in cities that have lots of foreigners... and therefore there is no real "celebrity status" for any of us. Which is perfectly fine with me...this celebrity thing seems to be an obsession of yours that I simply don't share.

So, let me straighten you out here: I'm still teaching, but I'm doing a lot of other things as well...all related to teaching and training.

I got out of the school loop here because each and every school I worked at in China, over a fairly long career for an expat teacher, pulled something unfair or dishonest on me. ALL of them. The universities sold grades for bribes, and many other such things that I couldn't tolerate. The private schools all ripped me off for money and/or put me into unbearable environmental conditions (ie apartments that were rivers of roaches, even in the refrigerator) and/or played "Gotcha!" games with the contract.

So I got out. I'm steering my own boat now. If this doesn't work, I'm leaving for friendlier waters. But I hope it does...again, I love living in China as long as I'm not in a school.

I hope I've made this clear.

Messages In This Thread
Frank - What ARE you talking about? - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-02
Please stop "proposition"-ing me... I'm leaving the dance floor - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-02
Stop "proposition"-ing me... I'm leaving the dance floor - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-02
Grasping at Straws! - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-03
Speaking of grasping at straws... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking of grasping at straws... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -