TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The Duke has done it again! - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-08-03
In response to We Got 'GONGED! - Teachers Discussion *Link* (Raoul Duke)

Wow Talk about a compelling story! This one was a real page-turner!

As usual, Raoul Dukes posts are always a work of art: thought-provoking, illuminating, acerbic, and often side-splitting. This one is indelible.

As I read it, so many emotions and revelations were triggered. The saga of Bob and Squat certainly made me re-evaluate my obviously shallow notions regarding the merits and agendas of the FG. Im obviously one of those dummies who had bought into their well-crafted spin. Not anymore.

Beyond that, a haunting feeling of It couldve been me was stirring within as I read about Bobs unguarded hospitality and resulting (and horrifying) predicament. Perhaps the one of the few reasons Ive not wound up in Bobs shoes is that I dont like house guests to be around more than 4-5 days (unless I know them EXTREMELY well, and weve agreed on the five-day-plus plan in advance).

As Ive said before (and as someone who, like Raoul, truly loves living in China), this place is riddled with all kinds of landmines.

Thanks Raoul, for raising a high-flyin red flag, providing us with an edifying adventure and a grand diversion from the testy tedium some of us (including me) have been involved in here recently.

For the umpteenth time, Bravo!

Messages In This Thread
We Got 'GONGED! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-03
The Duke has done it again! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-03
Raoul's Post - Teachers Discussion -- petergunn -- 2006-08-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The Duke has done it again! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -