TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beijing ielts school in ningbo - Teachers Discussion
Fiona Morrison - 2006-08-05

I have been living and working in Ningbo as a teacher for the last 2 years, and recently got a job at Beijing IELTS school for a summer course. I've been working for them for just over a month, and last week 1 of my friends had a very serious accident and dislocated her shoulder. I was in hospitol with her all night, and arrived home after a very stressfull night at just after 7am. I contacted the school and told them I wouldn'y be able to to come to the school that day. I thought everything would be ok, and they would understand that I had a emergency. Anyway, the next time I went into the school the manager and all the teachers there were furious. They fired me and refused to give me the money they owed me for classes I'd taught previously. I went back to the school with a very good chinese friend to try to ask them to give me the money owed me. They were so rude and aggresive, they threatened to have us beaten up, and one of the teachers hit me in the back as I was leaving. I have never been treated like this, I have traveled all over the World and never ever even heared that a company or school could treat one of their workers so badly. I am disgusted! People like this are what give China a bad name. THIS MUST BE STOPED! Its not the money that has upset me so muc, its how rude and aggresive they were. What can I do? Please give me any advice you can! Fiona Morrison >:-(

Messages In This Thread
Beijing ielts school in ningbo - Teachers Discussion -- Fiona Morrison -- 2006-08-05
Need more understanding from the both sides - Teachers Discussion -- Dr Sung -- 2006-08-05
Thanks, thoughts, and theories... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-05
VERY sad, but not surprising - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beijing ielts school in ningbo - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -