TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re This Cannot Be Serious?
paul fox - 2016-06-12

I have a method to prove the Chinese are extremely racist.

SB, your method only proves that SOME Chinese are extremely racist. Thai's are racist, Brits are racist, Aussies, Americans, Canadians, etc etc etc. To some degree there are racists in every corner of the globe mate. There is nothing 'special' about China in that regard.

What you are saying in the restaurant example may be true, but I guess it depends on where you are in China. I refer to the city where I live as a QLV. That stands for 'Quaint Little Village' because it's not huge by Chinese standards with its population of around 4 million people.

Contrary to your restaurant experience, I have encountered many restaurant owners who are happy for me to sit at a table, all night if necessary, as if I am some kind of zoo attraction. There have been many occasions when I have been given free beer, long after I have paid the bill, in order to keep me and my friends there.

I have regular market vendors too. I buy my meat and veggies etc from the same people, week after week, month after month. They look after me well, and often give me extra free 'goodies' etc, no doubt because they can brag to their friends and other customers that the local laowai buys from them.

Are they racist? Not in the least mate. Or if they are, they certainly hide it well!

Messages In This Thread
Re This Cannot Be Serious? -- paul fox -- 2016-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re This Cannot Be Serious?

Go to another board -