TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re But YOUR recruiter could still be honest
Former FT in China - 2016-07-07
In response to but YOUR recruiter is honest (amused)

(ECNS) -- "Employers who hire illegal foreigners will be fined up to 100,000 yuan
($15,000) as part of a four-month crackdown in Southwest China's Sichuan Province, a
local newspaper reported.

The police campaign started on May 20 and will run until Sept 20. It will mainly target
"three illegals" -- foreigners who illegally enter, gain employment and stay
in the city.

According to Chinese law, foreigners charged with illegal entry will be fined 1,000 yuan to
10,000 yuan as well as possible detainment that last from five to 10 days depending on
the severity of the case. Repatriated persons will not be allowed to re-enter China for
one to five years.

Sichuan police said individuals or agencies that help foreigners work illegally will also be
fined from 5,000 yuan to 100,000 yuan."

http://www.ecns.cn/cns-wire/2016/06-13/214149.shtml

Got it! But is it scaremongering? BTW, I have no recruiters/agents working 4 me, as I'm retired in the PRC.

So, I'd surmise that foreigners employed illegally in Sichuan will be phased out by the workplaces themselves from next term. Fair enough for Sichuan, but Sichuan ain't the whole of China!

As I have previously stated, it's no skin off my nose whether illegal employment is happening here. You see, I'm not Chinese!

Messages In This Thread
but YOUR recruiter is honest -- amused -- 2016-07-07
Re But YOUR recruiter could still be honest -- Former FT in China -- 2016-07-07
Re But YOUR recruiter could still be honest -- Odd Bob Job -- 2016-07-07
Re But YOUR recruiter could still be honest -- Former FT in China -- 2016-07-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re But YOUR recruiter could still be honest

Go to another board -