TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › More advice please, John... - Teachers Discussion
Dusty - 2006-08-10

John,

You may be surprised to learn that the rep that told me those negative things is, in fact, a CURRENT representative! And if he's telling me these things, well, that says something. But what exactly does it say? One, that he's being frank with me. But also, if he's willing to reveal that much, perhaps there's more that he's not telling me.

But his basic thesis for why I should deal with Campus Earth/Tang Yuan ANYWAY was:

1. While he had a couple of issues with them, they were resolved to his satisfaction.

2. In China, contracts are near meaningless anyway, in which case I could just find another job and walk away if I really disliked them that much. This way, I could just "use" CE/TY to get a visa and secure some immediate employment and residence.

Is there any merit to this viewpoint? Because believe me, I'm perfectly comfortable with turning the shenanigans of any employer, placement agency or culture back on them to my advantage, if they seek undue advantage from me.

Thanks,

Dusty

Messages In This Thread
Campus Earth/Tang Yuan - Teachers Discussion -- Dusty -- 2006-08-10
Just Say 'NO!' To Recruiters - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-10
The Middle Men - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-10
Campus Earth/Tang Yuan - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-10
More advice please, John... - Teachers Discussion -- Dusty -- 2006-08-10
Don't Do It! - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2006-08-10
One more underscore - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-11
If you'll take more... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › More advice please, John... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -