TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Chinese scumbags
amused - 2016-08-08
In response to Re Chinese scumbags (Odd Bob Job)

FTs resort to the grossstupidityofincluding sex in their teaching purely to shock and because
they are angry with the school and atudents

Chinese college students are wholly ignorant about critical sexual health issues. Parents and schools avoid the subject; university level health courses are thinly-veiled warnings to sustain virginity. Chinese female college students are unable to discuss sexual issues with each other. Endemic abortion and alarming spiking in venereal diseases are the result.

My determination to obtain the prompt termination of my contract renewal was an opportunity to provide sexual health information to my students. I suspect that few FTs have given sex-ed courses to Chinese college students. It simply isn't done and I certainly don't recommend FTs to attempt it. My graduate degree is from a U.S. medical college in Health Policy (MPH).

Of the 210 freshman students that attended these classes, a third were rapt, a third actively participated with questions, and a third looked like they wanted to die. I prefaced each class with a warning about content and provided that students need not attend without penalty. A handful of students chose that option.
Educational institutions and parents that do not provide sexual education are guilty of "grosssstupidity".

I believe that I am guilty of opportunism in recognizing a better offer of employment as a valuable teaching moment. No doubt the University administration shares your opinion of my behavior.

Chinese universities poll students about teacher performance; these are little more than popularity contests. My student ratings are always the highest in the college; after these courses, it achieved new heights.

Messages In This Thread
Chinese scumbags -- Paul Fox -- 2016-08-06
To Paul and all -- Dr. Stephens -- 2016-08-15
Re Chinese scumbags -- amused -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese scumbags -- Former FT in China -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese scumbags -- Paul Fox -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese Summer School -- Former FT in China -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese Summer School -- Paul Fox -- 2016-08-08
Re Chinese scumbags -- amused -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese scumbags -- Paul Fox -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese scumbags -- Former FT in China -- 2016-08-07
Re Chinese scumbags -- Odd Bob Job -- 2016-08-07