TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Pretty easy...... - Teachers Discussion
frank andrews - 2006-08-16

.....to antagonize you, isn't it? I wonder what it is that will finally set you off?

I read a post on the recruiter/review board by Phil about what your Chinese boss really thinks of you. Probably the same as what many ESL bosses all over the world think. And you know what? It's the same as what many of your fellow teachers, foreign and local alike, think also. But the kicker: once they figure out they really don't need you, you're out the door.

Or you can be like some others and just go your own way, follow your own path, by proclaiming to the world--over the internet--that there simply are not any employers worthy of what you bring to the world of ESL/TEFL/TESOL. Then set up your own organization, often illegally, usually tutoring women or undercutting their previous employer to steal away corporate contract renewals (only because they don't have the social or diplomacy skills to negotiate their own new contracts.) Of course, major componants of these organizations often include ample time on "Bar Street" or serving Tequila to new friends at their holiday bashes.

These, unfortunately, are the recognized leaders in ESL/TEFL/TESOL, the ones forming what could be a legitimate and respected profession, the ones that are creating the reputation that the rest us have pressed upon us.

And just to pander to Raoul's simple-minded sense of humor, I'm letting you play with typos.

Messages In This Thread
I haven't viited for a while..... - Teachers Discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-08-15
Great to have you back! O, non-pompous one! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-15
and would you mind...? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-15
Viit again soon! - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-15
Ditto - Teachers Discussion -- Peter -- 2006-08-15
Guru Peter - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-15
Frank... - Teachers Discussion -- Peter -- 2006-08-15
oh dear - Teachers Discussion -- bubawoo -- 2006-08-15
As I expected..... - Teachers Discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-08-16
MY "anger and hostility"??? - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-16
Pretty easy...... - Teachers Discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-08-16
Oh, for Pete's sake... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Pretty easy...... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -