TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Cost of living index - Teachers Discussion
Dusty - 2006-08-16

Hey guys,

First, thanks for all your help from the regular posters.

So, I need to find a reliable resource that'll tell me about the cost of living in China, but Shanghai in particular. I'm sure I can find some info, but you all have been there, done that.

I'm getting some good, direct-from-the-school offers, finally, but in some cases the probationary period seems a little long. For instance, a monthly salary of 12,000RMB is actually only 8,000 for the first two months, out of which all of my living expenses must be drawn.

So I just want to know what it'll take to pay taxes, eat some western food (but authentic chinese is doable), sleep in a decent apartment, pay my utilities, go to the club or bar and pick up girls a night or two a week, travel a little, etc., etc.

I just wish to calculate, with maximum mathematical precision, how well my salary at any given point in my employment will stack up against my needs and wants.

Dusty

Messages In This Thread
Cost of living index - Teachers Discussion -- Dusty -- 2006-08-16
It depends - Teachers Discussion -- frank andrews -- 2006-08-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Cost of living index - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -