TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Interesting... - Teachers Discussion
Michael - 2006-08-18

... to note that all of these advertisments used personal emails as means of contact... this is something I have noted about a large number of Chinese job ads.

Personally, I would never apply to a school that doesn't have a website... in fact, IMO if any type of business doesn't have a website it diminishes its credibility substantially and I would most definately not fly halfway round the would to take up a position if I had only been corresponding with someone via a personal email.

I am European and I live and work in Europe - this is where I have formed my opinion.

In this day and age is it fair to apply the same view to Asian/Chinese schools as I would to schools in Europe?

Are people in general quite happy to take a job offer from someone's personal email address...?

Messages In This Thread
INTERESTING excerpts from this week's ESL Jobs in China ad postings - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-18
GANG AN BAD COMPANY - Teachers Discussion -- brad -- 2007-07-04
LATE-BREAKING additions... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-18
Interesting... - Teachers Discussion -- Michael -- 2006-08-18
Websites - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-19
thanks - Teachers Discussion -- Michael -- 2006-08-19
Your misgivings are correct! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Interesting... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -